Sunday, April 29, 2007

Tower of the Pines

Updated bruise. This was from Monday or so. You can see I’m still really digging the slippers. Those are one of the hardest things for me to buy, since my feet get hot so easily and start to perspire and that is one of the least comfortable things in the world. What’s the use in having slippers if you have to keep taking them off? These apparently breathe well. It’s such a tricky thing; you can’t really put a slipper on your bare foot in a store and walk around until your foot starts sweating like crazy and then decide not to buy it and put it back on the rack.

I had been hearing this buzzing against the window all day, and I thought it was just a large fly until I finally got my lazy butt up to look at it, and hark! It was this gigantic bee, or wasp, or what have you.


I have absolutely fantastic pictures of this stinging insect, so I shall show them off accordingly.




Sweet view of the dorsal spots in this one. Anyway, to sadden the tale, he was too high up for me to shoo him out the window and I didn’t hear him abuzz the next day, so either he found his way out or just died in frustration.


Because I was desperate for distraction, I took a stroll to the Botanical Gardens and found out that it was closing in exactly three minutes. This statue marks how far I made it inside before a hunky guy on a scooter told me to scoot myself out.



It’s a good thing these signs were there or I would have been stuck wandering forever.






Instead of being responsible and finishing my paper, I crossed the street to the Tower of the Pines.







Hee, this guy doesn’t have a nose.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home