Monday, April 23, 2007

Beach Day II

Eventually, we both got the 'kebab special' at some restaurant down a shady alley. They took so long! The guy didn't even ask me what kind of toppings I wanted, and just shoved some onions on before I interjected that I did not care for onions. He got all grumpy and fished most (but not all) of them out. The other guy they had working just kind of stood around and did nothing. The price for a kebab, fries, and a beverage was 6 euros, which was more reasonable than most places. I gave him a ten, he asked me if I had a euro so he could give me back a five-euro note. I sadly told him that I did not (even if I did, I probably wouldn't have given it to him since euro coins are good to have). Anyways, he takes the ten and comes back to give me a five-euro note. Quoi? I figure, either he was too lazy to make change, or else they were completely out of euro coins. Either way, score! I didn't take a picture of the meal since we were so hungry it didn't last long.

We had the poor sense to settle down right next to the volleyball court and were amused by how poorly they played. We weren't so amused after the ball kept coming our direction.

After getting into prime relaxing position, Lindsay looked over and said, "Alaina, your legs are whiter than anything I've ever seen." That made me feel good.

We spent about an hour or two laying on the beach and then walked around for awhile. This stood out from hundreds of meters away. It seemed a bit incongruous with the whole 'fun-loving frolic' scene.





Danger! I was sad we were forbidden from accessing the pontoon.






Because I have fabulous timing, I not only got a picture of the fun ski-lift that spanned the canal, I also included a seagull that strove mightily to become an eagle.




The ski lift looked so fun, and we were so disappointed when we saw that there was a small fee. This was the worst rip off ever. The lift just brought you over the canal. It lasted about ten seconds.


While this may look like an instrument of torture, I really wish it had been in operation since trampolines are always fun times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home