Monday, April 16, 2007

Preface to a Monster Post

I've finally hooked into the sweet, sweet wireless on campus and was able to upload about six posts in the same amount of time that it took to do one at the office. I got up at 7:30 this morning to get here when the library opened, even though I don't have any classes until 2:00.

Surprising news: I got an email yesterday saying that I was accepted to be a Conference Assistant up at Penn State all summer. Score! Honestly, I was thinking there wasn't much of a chance that I would ever get the job, since they strongly recommended previous RA experience (which I don't have) as well as an interview (which is impossible). They told me that we could do a phone interview, so I gave them my number but then remembered a few days later that I didn't put the country code on it, so they wouldn't be able to reach me. However, either my application just blinded them with wonder or they are very, very desperate for counselors because I'm in. One downfall was that the training day is on the 14th of May, two days before I come home. I asked if I could just read over the manual online or something. I figure that they can't have that much of a problem with me not being there because the first line of my 'about me' paragraph that I sent stated "I will be in Montpellier, France until May 16th". Who knows, maybe they didn't even read it.

I went to the mediatheque more this week than ever before. I would go, return my two movies from the previous day, check out another two, then go watch an additional one in the Video Viewing Room. Sad, sad, sad. One of the guys that works there remembers me every time and either has a mini crush on me or thinks I'm retarded since he gets up from behind his official desk to show me which post I'm at and how to work the headphones. Wow, really? You just plug them in? Right there? I would have never figured that out! Oh Smarty McMovie, you're my hero.

Luckily, Lindsay came home on Friday so I finally have company again. It was so, so sunny outside yesterday so we went down to the aqueduct and basked on a bench until we got uncomfortably hot and stingy from sunburn.

I took a couple pictures last week when it was all rainy and yucky, so the city doesn't look to great. Here goes.

This is the alley that I take as a shortcut to get to the Comedie, once-home to the alley cats. Speaking of, I always see Mangy Angry cat in Coiffe Par Jacques sleeping in the same chair, in the same position, every day. Literally, for over a week. I have strong suspicions that Jacques has a little stuffed kitty statue that he just poses on the chair.


At the end of the street is a dog grooming salon, which gets a lot of business since we have a lot of little old French ladies with lapdogs who are impossibly pampered.



Sorry! Can't give your dog a spa treatment this week since they're at a competition in Italy.








Here's an overpriced cafe right next to the market halls.






For all of your Alternative Beverage needs.






They use glass bottles here a ton more than we do. I tried to keep mine once and was severely chastised. Did I ever write about that?







Lovely display of two euro items at the Two Euro store, but a lot of the stuff there is not worth ~$2.61.





Chicken sign that usually has the deal of the day prices on it. It's right next to a giant rotisserie grill that smells sooooo good when I'm coming home at night and makes me crave chicken.






The fuzz parked in front of the fountain, because they can do whatever they want.







It seems like my alley kitties aren't the only ones that got picked up. This has to be the saddest sign ever. It reads, "Misplaced Cat. If you find me, I live on Lunaret Street. Thank you for bringing me to my mistress, or calling 06-24-54-49-15, because I haven't found my way home since April 4th 2007..." Aww.


Some sick-looking pigeons were having an unhappy time in the fountain.






Rock and roll, man. That's one wild vehicle.








This kind of squicked me out at the Leader Price, because I don't like my meat to have fun shapes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home