Monday, April 16, 2007

Saturday

Ahh, the Luxembourg Gardens. Laura, this picture is for you. Remember how crappy and grey and twiggy all the trees were back in December? They are in full bloom now, with tons of people all over.


There you go! It's just like you were there with me. Except you would look ridiculous in a winter jacket and hat.




I think I appreciate the Gardens a lot more in this weather. Right after I took this picture I got yelled at by security to get off the grass. Oops.




What’s this guy thinking about? ‘Why am I not as famous as that other statue?’







Oh, what a good place for a palace





I had a terrifying few seconds when I thought this woman had no top on.





This lagoon of fun is very famous because you can rent little boats (probably at extortionally high rates) and a stick and push them around for hours and hours.




Aww. What was nice was that they had a million of those chairs laying around so you didn’t have to just sit in the grass, which was good because the security guys probably would have tweeted at you.



Warning: my lily-white legs may blind you. I rigged up a footstool of sorts with another chair and basked for awhile reading Antony and Cleopatra, finally. Note my beloved shoes. They have quite the history. I bought them back in 11th grade at the Red, White, and Blue Thrift Store for $3.95. They were a bit worn, but certainly decent footware. I would say that I wore them three days out of five, for about three years. Flash forward to August. I have worn them pretty much every day since I’ve gotten here. They are a comfortable delight. The previous owner, bless his or her heart, did some funky thing with soldering the laces so I never have to tie or untie them. I wore those shoes exclusively during my gigantic trip in December. When I do have to get rid of them, curse the day, I’ll bury them somewhere so that they rest in peace.

Pretty statue.








They’re all over the place.

2 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for photoshopping me into that picture. I almost feel like I was really there . . .

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Alaina said...

It was either that or else we'd have to make a mall trip when I got home ... you didn't answer whether or not you wanted the Petits Ecoliers, they're some darn good cookies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home