Monday, April 23, 2007

Friday

I have a whole hodgepodge of pictures to upload and would hate to have just one long, rambling post so I figure I'll break it up by days. Here's Friday:


Most of which involved me sitting around and not doing anything. I was like, ooh flowers a lot of the time.





There's this oddly situated garden on the far west side of campus that no one ever seems to notice. One of its more notable features is the presence of a lot of snails.



Also, it has a very cool wall.






I caught this bee mid-flower while waiting at the library for Lindsay to get done with classes.






I passed this woman cleaning windows the other day and stopped dead in my tracks and fumbled around in my backpack and desperately looked around for something to feign interest in while I took this picture really quickly. What a freaky, freaky cart! First of all, the child is nude, secondly it's washing something with a squeegee, thirdly it's got a weird smile and an alien-shaped head. Yikes, it's so scary.


Montpellier folk really enjoy placing unusual items atop fences. I just tried to find the other picture that I thought I posted that showed an orange stuck on top of a fence, and I must be going crazy since I can't find it. Take my word for it. It happens a lot.


So I don't think the French really know what cottage cheese is. I keep trying to buy it, but it always ends up being sour cream, or plain yogurt, or whatever. This was some kind of creamish blend that wasn't quite yogurt. I dumped some cocoa powder in to make it taste more palatable.


Ooh, blendy.








And of course everyone wants to hear my tale of misfortune and woe. It all started with bad karma in the morning when I laughed at a girl in front of me who tripped on a crack in the sidewalk. The gods took their revenge when I was going upstairs (upstairs!) to the cafeteria and had my sandals with the poor grippage on.


Everyone knows what happens next. Slip, smack, oww! I managed to hit every sensitive point in my body. Elbow, twice (how?) on my knee, and chin. I'm surprised I still have teeth. Luckily, there was only one other person in the stairwell who seemed really concerned for me and kept asking if I was okay. God, how embarassing. So I've been keeping a daily photographic diary of my knee injuries.

2 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alaina: Are you still taking all of these pictures with your cell phone? If so, these are AMAZING pictures. I hope you are saving them for your book. Love you a bunch.

Aunt Bonnie

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger Alaina said...

No, I'm using the one that I stole from Mom and Dad at the beginning of the trip. It's a lovely, lovely camera and I really don't think they'll be getting it back. I think for every picture I post on here, there's twenty in my files. I have a large, large My Pictures folder. I think that I'm up to around 8,500 so far.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home