Sunday, April 29, 2007

Recap

For Lindsay’s benefit alone, I took pictures of some of the various political messages around campus. This one claims “Fraternity Between the Groups: Election = Insurrection”, however you want to take that.

This one was a little more straightforward. It says, “We’re taking things in our own hands! Anti-Sarkozy, 2:00 PM.






Moving it inside and a bit less political, this one says “The art of speaking without saying anything”. That sounds a lot like all those essays I wrote in the last week. Maybe that’s what I learned in France.


Oh yeah! Because I forgot to mention the one thing that was really interesting last Saturday, I’ll relate it now. Lindsay and I were waiting forever and ever at this bus stop at Palavas-les-Flots, and she was looking at her cell phone and I was looking at her looking at her cell phone, and then all of a sudden, blam!

Wow! Apparently, this guy on the moto thought that the car was going to keep going straight, so he tried to get ahead of them on the inside but whoops, they were going around the circle and he ran smack into them and flew off the bike. This is him after he got up and tried to play it all cool in spite of the fact that this lady’s bumper was hanging off like a broken jaw.

I took this a couple seconds later. Notice how there are balloons hanging next to the gate. This is the house that the car was trying to get to. Why? Because it was a little girl’s birthday party. All the children came out front and looked with sorrowful eyes at the wreckage right outside and the exchange of insurance information. Ahh, childhood memories.

I took Lindsay’s advice and boiled all of the shells that I had gathered during the day. My kitchen smelled like a wharf, but it was worth it to make sure nothing festered later on. Here’s the pot with a seashell gumbo inside.


I noticed something a bit colorful inside one of the barnacle shells that I had. I poked inside with a knife and, ew! There was a giant rubbery mollusk inside that had apparently been alive until the hot tub treatment. Gross! So that meant I had to chisel it out.

Not as clear as I would have liked, but here’s the bad boy after I got that sucker out of the shell. He was a tough old thing. Notice that he’s practically in pieces since I kept hacking at him.





I left them all out on a towel to dry for about a week (they were still on the dining room table until this morning) so hopefully they’re stink-free, which is more than I can say for my fridge whose stench has taken on a life of its own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home