Thursday, October 05, 2006

Vacations

When I got back to my room after my shower last night, guess who was on my bed? Pregnant-kitty-without-a-name, that's who! (the black one). I heard them saying her name the other night, but it sounded like they were calling her "Gestapo", which means I had to have been mistaken. So Black Kitty amazingly stayed on my bed all night, and woke me up at 6:30 in the morning and something smelled like poo so I rushed her out of the room and examined my duvet, which was feces-free.

I feel really bad for our director. She has to handle over forty students (much more in the spring) and everybody has problems that they take to her. Me included, I know. Yesterday I went to the office and pretty much dumped the UPS issue on their lap and let them take care of it. Arlene said that instead of taking that dumb Maximizing Study Abroad class, we should all have to take an anti-bitch class that would require us to handle everyday transactions without the director's help. I wish I could take such a class. Apparently yesterday, (though I didn't witness this), one of the forgotten-named blonde girls was shouting at Francoise in frustration and anger. Hers is a job that I don't envy.

Perhaps I should be travelling more, but I never really have the inclination on my weekends to do more than veg out and sleep. I think it's because a lot of people are leaving in December so they're trying to pack in everything they want to do before they go. I would be bummed out like major if I didn't get a single vacation during my semester in France. We have a couple weeks for Christmas, a week in March, and then, weirdly, another week in April. Then we're done halfway through May. Not bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home