Monday, September 25, 2006

Avignon Fountain

I had forgotten to add this awhile ago, so better late than never. This was another picture taken at Avignon (the Pope palace area) and it took a lot of old stone stair climbing to get to. Luckily it was a sunny day out (unlike today) so it wasn't bad at all. Actually, I'm lying about the weather today. I just hadn't opened my shutters yet. It's pretty nice out, and Angel's back on the chaise by the pool. I told Madame about how I thought that Angel was a girl, and she told me that for months they thought so as well, which is why they named him Angel. Apparently Angel is pretty light on his feet.

It's very weird to have most of my currency transactions in coins. I keep forgetting to put my change at the end of the day in a more accessible place, because instead of just like forty cents in my pockets it ends up being more like three dollars.

Also weird is the restriction on library materials. Back home, I'm accustomed to taking out mountains of books at a time, and at the library here students can take out two books + two magazines, and that's it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home