Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Buttons

As you're all dying to know what happened with the time fiasco, of course, let me reassure you that I was very prompt and almost early. It was at 9:30, but we are in fact leaving this office at nine. So really I was only forty minutes early.

Madame had a dream last night that her daughter Nina was on the tram and covered in buttons. I didn't really understand the rest of it but she said something about taking her to the doctor.

This is what nightmares are made of for children and parents alike. No cushy foam padding here, nuh uh. This is sharp edges, awkward angles, and the smooth sound of pure concrete. No tires were harmed in the making of this playground.


Here's another forboding look at the old-school (hah, pun) University of Medicine. Nostradamus went here and was, consequently, kicked out because he had been an apothecary, a 13th century no-no. I hear tell that the museum at the School of Medicine still has the record of his expulsion.

4 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Project Runway is a rerun this week! I felt very upset and let down :( Feel glad that you're not here for the disappointment

 
At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Why??? Who are you rooting for? It's, who, Jeffrey, Laura, and Uli? Right?

 
At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Alaina,

Just got the email from your MOM with your blog address and snail mail address. I have been catching up on your adventure this am. You sound like you are taking it all in stride.

I laughed about the bus; can get pretty funky.
Well take care. I will put you in my favorites so I can keep up with you.

Can I send something to you that you can't get there? How about some disposable razors or PBJ. Let me know.

Take care love, Aunt Mel

 
At 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Mel!

I can't really think of anything I need right now; I covered my bases before I left and brought like a million extra razor cartridges. Hope Uncle Al is good; you'd really like the weather here. Dad's coming in today, so that's exciting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home