Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Essay

My French partner David and I had to do an exercise this morning where we created a story where we went into someone's house when they weren't home and described who lived there. I liked our tale enough to rewrite in (in English, you're welcome) here. Pardon the simplistic translation.

It was a large house in the country. It had three floors. It was yellow with a red door. There was a black convertable. There was a lot of family portraits. In the photos, there was a grandmother, a dog, an uncle, a young girl, and a father. In the house there were things for the dog, like toys, water, and food. There was also a pink bird, who had sang but did not sing anymore since it had been dead for three days. Grandmother had a cabinet in the kitchen for herself, with cereals, fruit such as raisins, and also rice.

In the bedroom of the young girl we found a diary with a lot of secrets. She had a clandestine affair - she was dating a boy who was 28 years old! Unfortunately, there was a love triangle. The uncle also loved the boyfriend.

In the office of the father we found the books from the office. Oh la la! He had embezzled much money! We found all of the money under the cereal of the grandmother.

We took the money for safekeeping and we left.

Sounds like an instant classic to me.

I bought a cream-filled beignet this morning, and it was the most delicious thing in the world. Literally, it was the first pastry I've had since I've got here. Mmm. I should have taken a picture of that too, but I ate it too fast. I had a pear for lunch even though I knew I was going to regret it, and I did. My digestion was unhappy.

We have our Civilization test tomorrow, and I'm not worried at all because the prof pretty much told us that it would consist of questions like "What did you think of Avignon?" and "What river flows under the Pont du Gard?" (answer: the Gard).

1 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm putting this everywhere you might see it- I have a break today (Sept 15th) between 3:20 and 4:40. I won't be in my room and don't have my phone set up there anway, so the cell is the best bet. I was in class, French class, haha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home