Thursday, September 07, 2006

Bathroom

Here's a nice little picture of Montpellier at night. I have heard tell that there's a pretty good sized zoo right next to our dorm, but I haven't seen nor smelled anything to indicate one.

Everyone just descended on the computers at the office like vultures, so now the internet is moving at a snail's pace. Everyone's desperately clicking away at emails and no one is talking.

I went to the American library for the second time in two days, and even though it was open, I still couldn't get my membership since they required an attestation of proof for my being a student at the Paul-Valery. I left in a frustrated manner.


Oh, I simply must post a picture of the toilets here. All of the Americans are laughed at for being 'handicapped' since they all use the special bathroom to avoid the seatless wonders. Check it out.

Ew. My first thought was "is this a shower? How should I even begin to use it?" You see those little steps in the porcelain? You stand on those with your back to the pole. Then you squat, after pulling down your pants. Then you pee. In the hole. While not soiling your pants and shoes. And then you have to experience miraculous gravitational feats as you reach for the elusive toilet paper.

I have a strong suspicion that a lot of the boys in the dorms use their sinks as a urinal, since the halls smell like pee.

2 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gives new meaning to "You don't have a pot to pee in "

 
At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I thought my bathroom in France was funny....at least they're pretty colors?....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home