Friday, September 08, 2006

More Pictures

Whenever I spend time at the Place de la Comedie and I have a camera, I always face the risk of being a hopeless tourist because I just click, click, click all the time.

Hee, hee. They have McDonald's here, but they also have a rival burger place (that is practically the same restaurant) called Quick. It's not quick; I've been there. They're slow. They're featuring the "Demoniak!" burger right now that has two patties of meat, two slices of cheese, and a layer of . . . ham. In the middle. It's weird looking and not appetizing at all. But here, they just love their ham. They can't get enough. So here they've tried to 'french up' the standard hot dog. And, they tried to make it cool.

Here's a street musician. There's usually three or four out, and they all have a good setup of an amp and usually some vocal backup (future career choice for Arienne, perhaps?) I heard one guy singing Harry Chapin awhile ago, and then another guy was playing the accordian. After that it was the Eurythmics. I'm too poor to be giving away my euros but they are fun to listen to.

I can't remember if I put this one up already, but too bad. This was very pretty. I always think canal = stinky = no fish, but this one at Nimes was quite beautiful. But it was really hot when we went last Sunday and I wish I enjoyed it with less sweat.



Ooh, check out this formidable picture! This was taken one of the first days that we were here, during the Montpellier by Night trip. This is one of the oldest buildings in the city; it's the University of Medicine that has been here since like, 1220. It's the second oldest school of medicine in either France or Europe, I can't remember. But it's crazy old. I haven't really been back to that sector of the city but there is a very nice, huge garden across the street that I would like to see (and take pictures of, obviously).

1 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Travis, another America report for you:

1. Students are up in arms about the new Facebook, proclaiming it too "stalker-ish." Personally, I thought the news feed thing was kinda neat, but whatever.

2. Tony Blair said he's going to resign within the next year (I know that's not America, but he and Bush are pals [maybe even more than just friends] so I thought you'd like to know if you don't already.)

3. McDonald's salads with dressing are as fattening as a Big Mac.

I can't wait to hear more about toilets and cats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home