Sunday, September 17, 2006

Avignon

So I'm awkwardly pecking this out on Nina's (14 years old) laptop so I can't write forever. We went to Avignon today since it was Madame's birthday and her parents live there. After the feast, while I was ready to pass out on the table and nap for days, they wanted to take a brisk walk to aid the digestion. So as not to seem a party pooper, I went too. We walked to the center of the town which was completely walled in and walked up a half million flights of stairs but it was indeed a marvelous view.

This rather menacing photo is of the golden statue along with a grisly crucifixion. It was huge. This was what everyone flocks to see, I imagine.








Here we have a bridge. It's incomplete. Bizarre. I think Louis the Eighth did something like destroy three quarters of it, but I could be mistaken. You were allowed to go walk on it, but the line went on forever and I really didnt care enough to stand in the sun for another hour.

Everything is going well with the host family; I took a bath/shower last night (sitting down in the tub, but using the showerhead, weird) and it was great to finally use an actual towel and not just dry off using that nasty plane blanket.

2 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Kiddo. Aunt Sis, Uncle Tom and I are keeping up as best we can. Sounds like you really lucked out on your residence. How are classes coming? Could you take some pictures of your school, s'il vous plait?

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Lots of love, Aunt Bonnie

P.S. Do you need anything, Doll? I could send you something.

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger Alaina said...

Oh, I'm glad people read this. Dad just bought me a laptop (!!yay!!) so I shall be fiendishly blogging with no end in sight. You like the pictures? If there's anything you want to see, I take requests. More pets? More cats with funky eyes? More dead things?

I don't think I need anything, Aunt Bonnie, but thanks. I managed to find galettes here and they are a sad small version of Gramma's but still very good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home