Friday, September 22, 2006

Cats Cats Cats

I'm sure that everyone is glad to know that I found Dad without incident at the library, and that the evening went very well. My host mama provided so much food that it was like a banquet. For appetizers, there were two different kinds of bread with smoked salmon and caviar. Also available was a pate of sorts. Then, we had a huge plate of couscous with veal and mixed vegetables with some kind of sauce on top, with more bread. Then, we had a huge cheese plate with different kinds of goat cheese and some Roquefort. THEN, after I didn't believe that we could possibly eat anything else, she brought out a ton of really great fruit salad and an orange cake. THEN, she offered us tea. Oh man, I feel like I could burst.

Yesterday I was looking out my window and noticed fluffy Angel kitty on the chaise longue. I hurried up and got my camera, and then hustled into the garden to take a picture. Isn't she just the prettiest (except for Kitty, of course)

Exciting news in the cat world - the other kitty at the house, of whom I haven't posted any pictures, sorry, is going to have kittens in November! Oh, wow! Apparently she's had like, five other litters (Angel is the result of one of the latest ones) so this isn't some new thing.

I wheedled my way into a free American Library card today. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to pay for one, but didn't want to come right out and say 'please give me a freebie just because I work here' so I asked her where I could purchase a membership. She exclaimed "oh, no! I'll give you a card! Don't worry about it, seriously!". I'm glad that I hadn't been able to purchase one previously.

I'm typing this from Dad's super swank hotel room, at the Mercure (three stars!). Tomorrow we're going to sightsee around Montpellier, so I'll have to empty out the old camera card. Hopefully an interesting blog entry to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home