Monday, December 04, 2006

Variety

I have a strange mishmash of pictures that I've been meaning to put up, so I'll make this a sort of medley post.

I tried to hurry this picture so the owner wouldn't come out and inveigle me into buying a muffin that cost $1.50. They came so close to spelling 'muffin' right, and then panicked at the end.


This joyfully exuberant statue is what I pass twice a week (or more) getting to the American Library. Oh yes! I get to work more hours!






At the zoo, they had several different stones set up around the park to show the paw prints and skull of the larger animals. On the bears, however, they saw fit to include a full-scale replica of its feces. Nice.




This is our neighbor's statue,
and it was kind of a weird choice. Most people have lions crouching or a flowerpot - this seems like an egghead chick sitting on a snail.





I'm sure that everyone remembers the WC en panne! from the last zoo trip. Not only was the porta-potty functional this time, Sam was brave enough to actually open it. What's more, I managed to get a video. Warning: this kind of drama is not for the weak of heart.

1 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alaina: I need a catch-up. When are you moving? To what address should I send your very meager Christmas gift? When are you leaving on your Christmas vacation?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home