Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thanksgiving Revisited

I received Katy's Thanksgiving pictures this morning, and hasten to post them since it was so last week. We had quite the enthusiastic welcome from the chef at l'Enclos, and my first thought when he showed us the turkey was, "how the heck is that going to serve thirty-five people?!" Luckily they must have had a turkey reserve, because we all got more ample serving sizes.

This was most of our table waiting for the main course to arrive. Notice how I'm gripping my spoon. That's how ready I was to eat something, anything. Katy is on my left, and Tracey is at the far end.

In lieu of eating the tablecloth, a lot of people went around to get pictures of everyone else. Here's Corinne and Natasha, our program assistants. Stealing the spotlight is Larry Washington, jr. The sad story with him was that his first request for housing was a homestay, secondly a dorm . . . and the program gave him an apartment. How disappointing.

Oh, yes! This was after we had already started (you couldn't stop me!) but the love remains. Mashed potatoes! Turkey! Beans! We wiped up every last remnant with bread afterwards so as not to waste a bit. I felt like a glutton.

As for dessert, we all got a healthy-looking slice of pie with whipped cream on the side. I thought they were kind of going nuts with the cream but it turns out the stuff on the lemon tart is some sort of crunchy meringue. Whatever, it was still delicious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home