Monday, November 20, 2006

Celleneuve

Mondays are always my exploratory days since my classes don't start until 4:00. So today I made an early stop on the 15 line and walked around Celleneuve a little bit.

An old guy wearing a bright yellow Tour de France shirt stopped me and asked why I was taking pictures, then told me all about how that part of the city was the only part that had the original walls, and so on, and walked me all the way to the church, which was pretty. To the left is a set of arched passages that led out eventually to a courtyard.

After awhile, I made my way to a nice park, which had several different fountains. I was fortunate with the weather today; it was about 60-65 degrees and sunny.


Here is someone's pretty gate. Everyone loves the gate here in France; it's very rare to find one that you can even see through. Privacy is a virtue.



This seemed like a very no-nonsense sign. It says, "I stand guard! You enter into this fortification at your own risk and peril".



Everyone's favorite mime was back in action today at the Place de la Comedie. He seemed to be on stilts and had a performance where anytime some guy gave him a coin, he would act like a robot and drop it into his hat. I wish I would have gotten it on my camera.




It's been too, too long since I've posted any cat action. Here's Catstava (I've given up trying to remember her real name) doing acrobatic feats on the corner of my bed.


Here's the demon offspring, Angel. He stunk to high heaven the other day. I brought that up to Madame, and she picked him up and said disgustedly, "oh, Angel, you smell like butt!". It was true.


Last cat picture: this was a cute one that I saw on my walk today that had a crooked tail. The tip just stuck straight out at a ninety degree angle. He really didn't want to be petted by me; a trait that I am finding more and more often in these snooty French cats.

Fa brand makes me smile.









This was an interesting graffito by a law school. It kind of reminds me of Sheldon Plankton but I'm not sure what it was originally supposed to be.



Thank you very much, Aunts Sissy and Melanie, for the Thanksgiving cards. I always feel popular when I come home and Madame says, "ooh, Alaina, something came in the mail for you!" It's a nice substitute for being home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home