Friday, November 10, 2006

Private Snafu

I had a burning desire to watch old cartoons tonight, and one thing led to another and I ended up reading about the life of Chuck Jones, which led me to the Private Snafu series of war cartoons that he created with Dr. Seuss. Oh, they're funny! They all feature some sort of moral, like not being lazy or not giving away secrets to the buxom girls with tape recorders directly linked to Hitler. It's weird to hear Bugs Bunny's voice with a man's body.

Snafuperman: best line: "Aha! A lumbering Japanese tank! Come out, you bambi-legged disturber of world peace!" Private Snafu's guardian angel seems to be a hobo in boxer shorts.

Spies: My favorite part is when Snafu is talking to his mom on the phone and the tiny, squatting Japanese caracature is eagerly listening in. Also, the German accents are amusing.

Booby Traps: If you are a boob, you will be trapped. One of the 'traps' includes a sign that says, "cool fresh camel's milk - free". Why would that be alluring? I liked the harem girl made out of bombs.

The Home Front: A privileged look at Snafu's hometown. Featuring Kelly's pub, a bevy of chicken-women, and Grampa at a strip show. And his gal Sally-Lou is cavorting with a wasp-waisted Latino man. Brass monkies, but it's cold.


Then I moved on to Pinky and the Brain. Oh, laughter. "Pinky - are you pondering what I'm pondering?" "I think so, Brain, but culottes have a tendancy to ride up so". Narf!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home