Monday, November 27, 2006

Strike!

I didn't post a whole lot this weekend. You know why? Because I was grieving. My precious, precious camera was acting wonky and that bummed me out like mad. The story begins on the tram last Thursday. These stupid protesters were blocking the tram lines on purpose so that no one could get by and so we just sat for about fifteen minutes before I got out and walked up to get a picture. After taking the second picture, I noticed that the lens was still out even though the power button wasn't on. Attributing it to a lack of power, I inserted new batteries just to see the lens turn this way and that and then make some unfun grinding clicky noise. Not good. I turned it on and off again, and the same thing happen. Oh, crap.

So basically this continued all weekend. We're outside the warranty, so that's no good. I got into quite a funky sad state and napped a lot. Finally out of desperation, I heeded some random guy's advice online and smacked it several times against my desk on the camera card side. Though I was really just expecting it to do more damage, this reckless tactic actually worked! I didn't believe my eyes when I turned on the power and could actually zoom in and out. So now I'm feeling a little giddy with happiness.

The unnamed guppy gave birth the other day, in her own special nursery designed so that neither she nor the other cannibals in the tank could eat the babies. At my count (which is unreliable due to the speedy nature of the offspring), I could see twenty-three.

Oh, Reggae. You're too cute. She spent a lot of time clawing at my mattress the other day. They both left this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home