Saturday, December 02, 2006

Zoo Signage

One thing that's always nice about the zoo is their abundance of signs.
We've already seen their concern for fire safety. But there's much more. . .






This is not the kind of sign I would want to encounter in an emergency situation. Do I run left? Do I run right? Can I go both ways? Is there a preferred emergency exit? Does it depend on the direction that the flames are going?



We would like to remind you that it is forbidden to run. Au contraire, you fogies. I saw a ton of joggers on the botanical path.


I found this near the lemurarium, and it mostly makes sense, being that they frown on chucking loaves of bread at the animals. And I can see how lemurs would be permitted in their own lemurarium. But why is the deer involved? It has nothing to do whatsoever with the exhibit.
Maybe it makes a guest appearance.

The theme here is that no fun is allowed. No smoking, no food (except for the ubiquitous deer and lemur), no biking, no dogs, and no . . . holding flowers. Yes, that means you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home