Thursday, December 14, 2006

Almost Done

I've been a lazy hag lately in not posting, but finals are coming up like whoa. Tomorrow I have to give a five-minute oral expose (Blogger's not helping me out on the accents) and I chose the American Library not due to any burning interest but because I also have to turn in a report on it for the World of Work class and two birds, one stone, you know how it is.

Happily, it's going well and I already have around five pages done. I'll see if I can post it when I'm completely finished. I even included a pictoral slideshow to accompany my speech, which mainly consists of pictures of the tram or the bridge and me saying, "and this is how I get to work".

Tests are rapidly approaching; Saturday afternoon I have a final from 12:30 - 3:00ish, then two more Monday and Tuesday morning. But luckily I'm completely done afterwards and have a nice week or so to relax.

Madame Villon, my director at the library, gave me a pot of citrus conserves in addition to four bran muffins which I quickly devoured. How lovely. I think I'm going to buy her a pastry or something tomorrow so I don't seem stingy.



Check this mad action out - a car was BURNED last weekend right next door! Apparently the fire trucks came and everything. It figures that the one night that I go out, exciting things happen. Seriously, look at it! Crazy.

Festivity. I know it's pretty tall and everything, but frankly I was underwhelmed. The lights that they have everywhere are very nice and twinkly, however.





I spotted this poster in the window of the Monoprix this afternoon. I assume that these are lollipops, but I cannot imagine what the candy people were thinking. All right, I can understand a hunk of brownie, a raspberry, and what look to be pomegranate seeds. I'll even give it the benefit of the doubt and say that weird yellow chunk is pineapple. But there is absolutely no reason that there should be an entire shrimp in a lollipop. Oh, the French are so strange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home