Monday, December 11, 2006

Bowling

I've been kind of lazy as of late; a combination of finals looming ahead and also just feeling fatigued a lot. But I selflessly pulled myself together and resolved to make the world a little better by uploading bowling pictures. I'm just a humanitarian, I guess.

You think the United States is big on safety? Pah! Try metal detectors at a bowling alley! What fun! Given that this was the first metal detector I've seen in France (apart from the airport, natch) I had to wonder if something happened at this alley that inspired the extra measures. Here's Katy striking several pins. Yeah!

Maybe someone tried to steal this work of art. It's a timeless classic.








They match up pool and bowling here as well; albeit with a little bit less emphasis on the pool part. It was some kid's birthday when we got there and I was sorely tempted to steal the cake they left out in the open.

Welcome to Montpellier
, man.

About halfway through the frame they turned everything into "cosmic mode". Here's an incredibly short video of Sam almost getting a strike before the lights went out, and another afterwards where he gets a spare. He honestly wasn't that good the rest of the turns; I think it was the added pressure of being filmed. So he has me to thank.

The bathrooms were galactic, man. I didn't actually go in (I'm cursing myself now) but I didn't hear about anything out of the ordinary from the people who did. They had to add "WC" to the painting to make sure people realized that it was a bathroom and not a space portal.



This was right across the street. Words can't do justice. Who is this person???






Right before the bus stop, there was this nice looking restaurant named Chicken Charly's. I know the picture doesn't really show it, but Chicken Charly is holding a fork. A fork that will later be used to consume him. Yet he looks so happy. Oh, and you see how it advertises itself as being open non-stop? This is a vicious lie. All that means is that they don't close up shop for two hours while they take a lunch break.

2 Comments:

At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you want me to renew your magazine subscription? there's some 2 for 1 deal. i'd pay half price to get it. the deadline for that is the 31st, so send me an email and let me know.

 
At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

12/14/06: You must be busy this week with finals. All is well?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home