Friday, October 27, 2006

Raffle

Petra, the Norweigan girl in my language class, shared some interesting news the other day - there exists a restaurant downtown named Aux Deux Fondues. Their specialty is (surprise) a lot of fondue, including a chocolate dessert fondue. To up their weird factor, they serve beverages in baby bottles and if you order a pitcher of water for a group, it comes with many straws so everyone can drink from the same carafe (ew). I can't say that I've really fondued in the past, so this should be an exciting experience.

There are now five cats in the backyard, and they're all related. Two are the original cats, Kestava and Angel. Then the addition of Reggae and Leon. Now, somehow, another cat whose owner is on vacation is cowering behind the swing by the pool. He can take over the name of '?'. It's like a cat menagerie out there.

In public transportation news, the tram shuddered to a stop while at Boutonnet, and the doors wouldn't open. We chilled there for awhile, not moving, and then all the lights went out. Traditionally, this is not a very good sign. Luckily I was sitting down and not next to some weird guy who was talking to himself. Sadly, there was no drama - the lights came back on in about ten minutes and we were cheerfully on our way.

Director Francoise at the American library is using me to pimp out these raffle tickets for Thanksgiving, with prizes that run the gamut from DVDs to gift certificates to a bona fide turkey. I didn't really want to buy any but I feel obligated since she saved me twenty bucks by giving me a free membership. Who knows, maybe I'll have turkey this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home