Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Rain Days

Pretty, huh? It's been messy and rainy here for the last week or so (Montpellier seems to be getting close to their limit of sixty-five non-sunny days per year) but the good thing is that the flowers are staying in bloom.

I had completely forgotten about Halloween, and asked my host family what they do here. Oddly, it's pretty much exactly the same as at home: kids get dressed up, trick or treat, take candy, go home. Even more like home is the fact that they never get very many. Maybe I'll get trick or treat duty, whee! Anyone who wants candy at this house has got to make it past the stairs of death, a lot of crap in the driveway, and Luna the Jumpy Attack Dog.

I had such a horrible moment yesterday - in one glance, I realized with terror that not only were my tights not black but navy blue, and they also had a huge run in the back. I had no time to run back to the house so I had to endure it all day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home