Friday, October 20, 2006

Library Bathroom

I'd almost forgotten to upload yet another fascinating French bathroom picture. This was from the 'Employees Only' lavatory at the American Library. I was sensorily overloaded the second I opened the door. What is all that stuff? I pushed the button on the contraption next to the toilet paper and this crap sprayed all over my hand. Apparently it's to spray on a section of paper towel to wipe off the seat before you use it. Oh, too late.


I have only seen several of these continual-towel-dispensers throughout my life, and my germ phobia sets on high alert. You're using the same towel as many, many other bathroom goers! Ew!




My curiosity was piqued during Inventory today and against my better judgment I took out The Stepford Wives. It was just as fuzzy and lame as I found the 2005 remake to be. I read the whole thing in about a half hour. It could have been really, really cool but . . . nope. I can't imagine how it managed a remake.

However, perhaps due to my threats, Robinson was very excellent.

7 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear, you're supposed to pull the towels downward to get to the clean towels.

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, have you read Valley of the Dolls. What a 60s moment. You should try it.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Alaina said...

I did read Valley of the Dolls. What I need right now is more book recommendations, though. I am flying through everything I take out, mainly because I commute for two hours each day.

 
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you read Crime and Punishment? You should read Crime and Punishment. Not that it has anything to do with zombified robot housewives, it's just really good and should be read.

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger Alaina said...

I remember listening to the entire thing on cassette-on-tape (oh, memories) going down to Aunt Sissy's when I was thirteen... so I think it's time that I actually read it. All I can remember is an old woman, a bludgeoning implement, and Raskalnikov.

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should reread it, since my beloved was a Russian literature major and has it in the bookcase. It's one of my all-time favorite books, along with Lolita and The Scarlet Letter.

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Alaina said...

I read Lolita about two weeks ago and loved it much more than I had anticipated. I don't know how I avoided it in high school, but I'll have to put The Scarlett Letter on the list.

Recently, I've been reading a lot of the 'mystery' genre just from doing inventory at the library and having some book catch my eye

 

Post a Comment

<< Home