Sunday, October 15, 2006

Fun at the Place

After the gustatory excitement of the morning, Joe and I went to the Place de la Comedie just to check out the happening scene. It was lucky that we did so, because not one but two amazing spectacles were going on.

This was but a short, lame video of what we watched intently for over an hour. It does not do justice to the full hilarity of the situation. You take an ordinary street grate, add some upward draft plus skirt action, and watch what happens. We saw many, many desperate grasps as women would walk right into it. I almost did. It could have been a disaster. My favorite was one before we left where this woman in a big floofy skirt was talking on her cell phone and WHEE! Up it went! God, I could have watched for days. No one ever expected it. I think that woman noticed that I was taking the video. I'm surprised I didn't get a beatdown from some irate boyfriend.

And then, when the fun could not have gotten any better, there was a crazy lady! Not just some homeless person yelling, that's boring. This was some older woman with no bra dancing like she just don't care in the middle of the Place. It was amazing. The band was called Lemongrove, and apparently they were from England and made their way from place to place in France off of their earnings. They played "Smoke on the Water", and I wished that I had Guitar Hero with me at the time because I totally rock that song. That guy with a blue shirt in the background is her husband/significant other, who did not dance but encouraged Crazy Lady every step of the way.

1 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pat recently discovered a free PC version of Guitar Hero called "Frets on Fire." Oh look, here's the URL:

http://louhi.kempele.fi/~skyostil/uv/fretsonfire/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home