Sunday, October 15, 2006

Convention Center

Joe and I had plans today to catch the Photo and Film exhibition at Palavas-les-Flots this morning, but circumstances were not in our favor. At Port Marianne, we couldn't figure out where to take Bus 131, so abandoning that, we looked for Bus 28, which wasn't coming for another two hours. No good. We decided to return to the Gare St. Roch in hopes of catching a different bus, which lead to an excursion throughout the train station and a parking lot. The bus that we wanted wasn't there, but there was a shuttle that went to the Foire, which is this gigantic convention that showcases many, many different products. Joe wanted to go there, but I balked at paying 13 euro just to get sold some crap. Being the persuasive little devil that he is, I finally went along. We found that the admission fee was only 6 euro, yay. Even better was when I actually got to the counter and showed my ISIC card and had to sign some paper, then received a ticket for free. Why? I wasn't going to ask. I enjoyed the downward spiral of admission cost.

Just so you know, don't say that something is an 'exhibition' in France. It's most likely an exposition. An exhibition is a creepy nude guy with a trenchcoat.

I took a lot of foodie pictures. This was at a very, very tasty looking candy store. The nice vendor let me take tons of pictures of his wares, including a video of their chocolate fountain (I may add it later).

The pastries looked delicious and I wanted all of them.

Here's Joe next to the fake ice cream cone. We did see some awesome Italian ice cream but it was something like 3.50 euro for two scoops, so we were prepared to wait until McDonalds later, which delightfully serves milkshakes and cones for a sole euro. He got a Croque Monsieur and at this point it is about half devoured.


They sold everything here. Everything. It looked like the Home Shopping Network, minus Ron Popeil. Pool tables. Jukeboxes. Fireplaces. Depillatories. Create-a-belts. Nesting dolls. Leather jackets. Bling. Crotchless tights. No thanks.



I bought three euro worth of candy (it was just meh) just for a chance to take a picture of those bloated candy strawberries. I really wanted to try them but I was a little scared.

Here's what I did buy and enjoy - matching salt and pepper 'huggers'. Cute! Their faces are two eyeholes and a nose where you dump out the salt. They were five euro and I had a grand inner struggle but the spendy side ultimately won.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home