Monday, October 09, 2006

Flowers and Statues

Due to the benevolent scheduling gods, I don't have any classes on Mondays until 4:00. Given this temporal freedom, I took advantage of sightseeing a bit in downtown Montpellier. It was a pleasant day, but this evening when I was walking home from class I was glad that I had a sweater on.

This is nothing but a cruel joke played by the city inhabitants. They probably sit on the stoops adjacent and snicker at the tourists. The artist probably couldn't stop laughing. Every time it gets me. I must have passed by that thing four times already. It's nothing but a lie. It's not really there! I go to myself, "wow, that's a pretty building, with that banner and . . . wait! Crap! Fooled again!"


I wandered into the fresh foods market and saw a gorgeous flower stand. The vendor graciously allowed me to take photos, which I may post more of later since they turned out very well. These struck my eye because I remember watching Christopher Lowell once during a floral segmant and he said that there's only like three varieties of actual blue flowers in the world. So I can't figure out whether these are dyed white roses or genetically bred like mad.

In a rare example of accepted graffiti, all of the 'no cars' barriers were interestingly painted. This somewhat disturbing one was my favorite. This was around the area that I started to wonder where the heck I was.




Hee. Nude.

1 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy some wisdom from Sissy Man stuck...who knew you were paying attention when he said the blue flower thing?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home