Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Dream Job

Word on the street is that there's going to be a Tram strike this Friday, which people are treating like it's some kind of holiday. No tram = no work. It's like a surprise day off. I only have one class Friday so it's not the end of the world for me, but I also have to figure out a way to get to work at the libary. Hopefully the buses will remain in service and it's not a full-on mass transit strike day.

Speaking of work, two hours just flew by this morning. I did the Mystery C's up until Cornier, I believe. Lots of Agatha Christie, lots of Tom Clancy, lots of Patricia Cornwell. I really, really enjoy inventory. Directrice Francoise keeps apologizing for it and reiterating how boring it is, but I could honestly do it for hours. She can give me some Data Entry as a reward. My favorite part is finding the mistakes. I was lavishly praised this morning for discovering all of the minute faults in the A's and B's. It's like my dream job.

For entertainment, I took out Courtroom 302: A Year Behind the Scenes in an American Criminal Courthouse and Closer. I watched Closer this evening and found it to be much funnier than I had dared to imagine. Courtroom is kind of dramatic, and bit more sob-story than I would have liked. I'll keep reading it, though.

I feel kind of guilty about the other two hours that I'm supposed to be working at the library. She gave me some envelopes and some money today to buy stamps and mail the letters, and I folded some brochures to leave at Paul-Valery, but that comes nowhere close to the time that some other people are putting in. Oh well.

1 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They didn't even close the public school system in New York when the whole dang MTA went on strike. The first day of the strike, I walked over 150 blocks to work, and about 13 kids actually showed up to school. I wish I lived in France.

(By the way, hi. I've been reading but not commenting. E-mail me if you want to be friended on my LiveJournal, so you can be as voyeuristic as me!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home