Thursday, October 26, 2006

Slave Section

Aunt Sissy - the candy was awesome. It was funny to watch my host family's faces when they tasted the Butterfingers (peanut butter and chocolate has yet to break through to the French culinary market).

Aunt Melanie - cutest Halloween card ever. I am up to my whiskers in fun!

I giggled aloud today in the library. I was staring off into the distance at one of the study tables, consciously avoiding any real work, when I noticed that they had an entire section devoted to "Slaves". What the heck is it doing in the language library, I pondered to myself. Is it slave gospel? Ebonics? Slave slang? Then I felt incredibly dumb since it was actually just French for the Slavic languages.

Professor Monier returned La Honte de Ma Vie today, with a "tres bien!" and a "13/15", which is rather impressive, given that I really don't have any nut allergies nor swooning crushes on any thirteen year old neighbors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home