Friday, February 16, 2007

Hybrid Pun and Fun

This mascot really freaks me out every time I go past it. It's for some camera store, and I don't even understand what it is. A bird? Perhaps, judging by the beak. A fish? Looks like it, from the shape. Distorted rainbow Mickey Mouse? It has the gloves and shoes. And Gumby arms. Oh, is it like a 'smile for the birdie' thing? Cause that's lame. It doesn't look anything like a bird.

I tried not to say anything, but I can't help myself - it's such amazing weather. Oh yes. It's about sixtyish degrees outside. Very sunny. Light breeze. And I giggled this morning when I read that the T tracks had iced over so there was sporadic light rail system servicing Pittsburgh.

Even the palm trees are thriving.






Here's a quick shot that I got before going home yesterday. The cathedral is doing well. I found out that it's really a converted art gallery, and in good news, it's free.





This is one of the cafes that are right outside of Paul-Valery. I never go there, but I do like the signs and names. Casa Sensa ... it just flows, sassily.

But if I were looking for a good time, I know where I'd go - the Snack o'Fun, baby.





What time is it? It's fraikin' Locatime! This was on the back on a truck.





I've been really hip on the puns lately. This gave me a bit of trouble for a second, though. Why? Because I wasn't expecting a crazy hybrid English pun.






Hah, my favorite part about this one was that it also works in English. I should start a beverage brand called Top Quali-tea. Hardy har har.



Did you find the movie room yet? No? O. Welles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home