Friday, January 19, 2007

Friday Post

This is one of my favorite pictures of the church, mainly due to the whimsical lampposts.





Because even regular things here are very ornate, the knocker on our door has been molded into a woman's hand, complete with ring. I don't know why we need a special knocker as well as a doorbell, but maybe some people are really impatient.



I don't know what the deal is with these mosaic things all over the place. Every so often, there's a street corner with one of them plastered into the actual wall. I should make it a hobby to take a picture of each one I find.

At first I didn't think that the video dispenser near my apartment was that unbelievably expensive. I, of course, would not pay 2.50 euros for 6 hours of video, but it's not in the realm of fantasy. However, I did notice the smaller print at the bottom warning that if you lose the DVD, you have to pay a fine of 77 euros! Egads! That's like $100! I think I would be too paranoid to even think about renting from there.


I found a new favorite sign the other day. It reads "Please do not urinate - or do anything else! - in front of the access doors. Thank you". A very necessary sign, but I don't know if that will keep the bodily wastes down.

This is my adopted alley kitty for the semester. I don't think it's a homeless cat, since it has a collar, but it's always outside in the same place and it really likes me. She's a percher - always perching on things. Especially vehicles.

Adorable. I can't tell if she's just fat or if she's pregnant.






Who would wear this? It looks like a tacky version of the Ghost from Christmas Yet to Come.







I almost had a heart attack the other day coming off of the tram when I looked in front of me and saw not one but two rats perching atop some guy's shoulder. I know that this is the blurriest, crappiest picture ever, but I thought that using flash to take a photo of a possibly homeless person was not a smart idea.

Notice here that I am totally busted by the guy on the left. Oh, it was really awkward. I had to hurry up and pretend like the Opera was really, really fascinating



Later on, I saw this dude washing his balloon in the fountain. I think he may have been crazy. He approached a lot of different people but I couldn't understand what he was saying to them. This group of sullen teenagers don't look like they are welcoming him into their conversation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home