Tuesday, January 16, 2007

No Pictures

Sadly, the mediatheques in Montpellier don't care about the convenience of their patrons, seeing as they are closed completely on Sundays and Mondays and don't open until noon on Tuesday. As that was my only plan this morning, I wasted an hour riding around on a random bus line which enabled me to see a lot of suburban sprawl.

To add another complaint, there must be a zoo wind going since the entire campus here at Paul-Valery smells like fiery crap. Gross.

I took a long walk last night and congratulated myself too soon on not seeing any random insane people. One street before my apartment, this old lady with wild hair and a crazy lazy eye said something. I took out my earphones and asked her to repeat it. She mumbled something incoherent and finished it off with "are you scared?" I told her that I had no idea what she was talking about so she threw up her hands and told me to never mind. Oh, weirdness.

In phonetics yesterday we spent two hours differentiating between the "eee" sound and the "ooo" sound. This is how tough my life is, folks. In one section, we had to put vowel and consonent together in harmony and work back and forth between the eee's and ooo's. A particularly humorous exercise involved us saying things like "peee pooo pooo pooo peee peee pooo pooo pee". How is that not funny? I was the only one in the class even smiling. Grinches.

Suzy and I watched Friends last night and oh, it was not the same. Ross's voice went down multiple octaves and Janice didn't even sound abnormal. I've heard tell that Scrubs comes on at midnight but it would have to be a pretty wild night to get me to stay up that late.

4 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger Pitseleh said...

Most of French mediatheque are closed on sunday because it would cost much money to cities to open them... and the fact is that most of people aren't interested in working on sundays, especially if their (low) salary isn't upgrated.

 
At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashley Hampton's in my french class! Oh my!

LateNight bingo's this weekend.... you need to come back now so we can go play and guess everyone's majors :(

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger Alaina said...

Oh . . . no.

At least she'll keep the class interesting by coming in late EVERY DAY.

Bingo! You have to go and win twice for me.

 
At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

she hasn't been late so far :( but she did sit next to me and say hi! oh my! her shirt was entertaining though (like little kids pajamas) so it wasn't a total loss!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home