Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Firenze

Florence is awesome. In spite of having to get up at 6:00 this morning, I haven't felt like I need a nap or anything. We figured that we would have a chance to sleep a little while on the train, since it takes three hours to get from Rome to here. That was not in the cards. Why not? Because we managed to get a cabin with Italy's most obnoxious and inconsiderate citizen ever.

It's impossible to describe how terrible she was. Laura, the girl next to me, and I were all trying to sleep. Despite this, Italian girl continues to talk full volume on her cell phone, making at least ten calls and receiving just as many. Then, after I shut the curtain because the sun was directly in my eyes, she opens it again. Thinking that perhaps she didn't realize that I closed it for a reason, I shut it again. She says something in Italian to me and opens it. Because, you know, her having a good view definitely outweighs my desire to sleep. Then, she kept kicking at my feet so that she could stretch all the way across, pushed her purse onto Laura's side, and put up the armrest so that Laura couldn't lean against it. I managed to grab a picture of her as we were disembarking. It's not the best shot by any means, but I didn't want any more to do with her. Notice that she continues to talk on her cell phone.

Eek! This is like, half the size of even a SmartCar! The brand on it said 'Electronic Rickshaw' and only had one tire in the back. It was the smallest car I have ever seen. There wasn't even room for two headlights! It was like a Vespa with a roof.


It's a good city for window shopping. All up and down the main bridge are jewelers with nice displays. Note the beautiful view. Florence has nice bridges.


This one looks like I took a picture of Laura and Photoshopped it onto some Italian scenery. It looks about as legit as one of those photo machines at the mall.


The shoes themselves were pretty bad, but the fact that they were made out of real python makes them worthy for this blog.






Had I room and cash enough, this would have been at the top of my list. It's quite possibly the best knife holder in the world.






Don't worry, all; they have just as many street performers here as they do back in Montpellier. There was one block by a museum that was just littered with them. This interesting fellow (or gal) is in a gold spandex mummy outfit, and only their eyes were showing. Creepy and weird.

1 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A coworker of Dylan's has that same knife holder! We went to their new place in Brooklyn for a housewarming, and everybody went nuts when we saw it in their kitchen. A couple of weeks ago we actually saw it for sale in a shop window downtown, and I was definitely tempted to buy it. Oh, and FYI, it's called "The Ex." Ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home