Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas Shopping

In keeping with the trend of meat origin, McDonalds kindly lets me know that their beef is from both France and Ireland. Phew. Notice that a salad plus drink is almost seven euros. Yikes. And a McFish is three euros? I say nay.

I started this day right - I took out the cookie mix and made some lovin'. Originally, the plan was to make half for Madame Villon at the library and the other half for the directors at the program office, but upon arriving at the library, I realized that several of her cookies were way squished so I sacrified office cookies to make her bag look nicer. I then proceed to eat the rest of the office cookies. So, they don't get any at all.

There's a giant Christmas shopping setup in the middle of the Comedie right now, and though I didn't buy anything, Tracey was a gifting fool. She bought a little glazed porcelain thing for her dad, a teddy bear for someone named Matt, and several other geegaws. Here she is looking pensively at the impressive array of bearware.

These were what I would have bought had I any money. I have an incurable affinity for dishes.





I also have a weakness for candy that looks like actual fruit. It's not real!





Neither is this! For even more marzipan wowness, go here.






In looking up pretty candies, I found out that marzipan fruit is a tradition in Palermo, Sicily. It all began when nuns painted up some fake fruit to attach to trees and impress the archbishop.

Here's a Santa tarted up like Che Guevera. At least he is still offering his best wishes. . . for the revolution.







I always get a little bit leery when things are in quotation marks. It just makes them seem a little less real.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home