Monday, February 05, 2007

Camels and Art

Sundays are pretty boring here. Even cafes are closed for most of the afternoon. So the opening of the Fabre museum was a pretty exciting prospect. Plus, free admission! Can't go wrong. I also had a nice little walk up and down the inner city streets since I misjudged how far down it was.

Trademark infringement, anyone?






I saw this handle on the way there and now I want it. Just picture it more vertical. It's a door handle fit for a king.




I was already in line for the museum when I looked over and saw ... camels! Why would anyone go to see works of art when there were CAMELS about?? I obviously wouldn't.

Found out that camels are weird-looking up close. These two look like they're singing. I don't know why they were there in the first place.




Oh! Speaking of singing! I got the greatest video. Note the handler keeps staring at me. He was a weird guy.

So I finally got to the museum. It was all right, I suppose. Poor direction. I couldn't tell which hallways would lead me to art rooms and which would lead me to the elevator. But I find this interesting decal. Notice how active the wheelchair guy is. He's not one to sit around and be pushed, nuh-uh.

Do you know what the Chinese translation of the Bible is called? The Ho Ho version. Oh, so funny.


Wikipedia has given me the best line of the day: ""George the Third" is cockney rhyming slang for turd."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home