Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Meds and Skipping Class

My cinema teacher must really be trying to avoid me. First, we were supposed to have class on Fridays. Two weeks in a row I show up, no class. Then some girl said that section was cancelled, and it's really on Tuesday mornings at 9:30. I get there this morning, nope! It was changed to yesterday. God, argh! I had Corinne at the office call them to straighten everything out and they said that the time of the class will be changing every week. Lovely.

In even worse news (I'm a bummer today), I have a terrific head cold that kept me up for quite awhile last night until I made a beeline for the meds. I don't know how many multi-symptom night-time softgels one is supposed to take at a time, but however many I had was definitely sufficient. I was surprised to wake up this morning. I will say though; the French medical system is very efficient. I came into the office yesterday afternoon at 4:30 and mentioned that I wanted to set up a doctor's appointment some time this week, and Corinne had me in the waiting room by 5:05. I was out the door and in a pharmacy by 5:45. By the way, their medicine is vile. The liquid stuff (they gave me two huge bottles, like I'm going to finish them both) tastes like actual maple syrup, but with a Slush Puppy faux cherry aftertaste that lingers, and the nose spray (which makes me feel like I'm drowning) smells like Nair. You know, the hair removal stuff. It's not a good smell at all, and since I have to huff it, there's no way to not smell it.

2 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe I know it's not nice to laugh at you when you're sick, but I think they must have given me the same nasty nose spray when I was sick.... glad I'm not sick yet, half the people at work are out right now, so I'm considering wearing gloves all the time or maybe even my way cool full face mask I got last week (the half face one didn't fit probably because my head is so big or because I have too much hair or something like that)

 
At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps- feel better soon! (you should check out the chicken noodle soup at carrefour, i ate it by the gallon when i was sick and i got better fast!)

pps- it's finally winter here! we even got a little snow! yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home