Thursday, April 12, 2007

Goodbye Cats

Back to commentary. I fear that there has been some cat culling, since two of my three alley kitties have been missing in action for two weeks. Either they’ve been harvested by the Montpellier authorities or they had run-ins with the speedy garbage trucks. How sad. Of course the mangy evil cat is the only one still around. Here he is taking refuge in Coiffé Par Jacques.

RIP sweet alley cat.





Speaking of culling, I read that Mt. Lebanon bagged 68 deer recently. I wonder if they used any of them as meat.

I think that we’re going to go with the Blockbuster movie rental plan next year. This was based off of careful thought and comparison with Netflix. If all things were equal, I would go with Netflix hands down because I’ve always thought that Blockbuster was a little shady. However, two things draw me to the Blockbuster deal: you get one free game rental per month, which is nice but not necessary; and they have a policy where if you bring in your DVD to the store, they’ll let you exchange it for one they have in stock. This way, you don’t have to wait the two or three days it would take to get a new one. Obviously that wouldn’t work if you had strange eclectic tastes and always required their vast online catalog to find what you wanted. But the Blockbuster in State College is right on both the N and V lines, and thus in direct path to my apartment. You know, sometimes you just really want to watch A Goofy Movie and you gotta watch it NOW. I know it’s happened to me. Ahh, memories.

Because I’m a shyster, I’ll probably sign up for the free trials of both and get a month free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home