Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Brussels: Part Two

The men were hard at work outside of my window at 8:30 this morning. I still wonder what they’re going to build.




Here it is; the shady ghetto of all locker rooms. Most of them were beaten-up and dented like Van Damme kicked them in a fit of rage. I felt less than at ease storing all of my belongings in this room for the day. Alas, my options are few. My suitcase is currently residing in the bottom right locker. Wish it luck.



I have so many chocolate shop photos that it would be futile to even begin to post them. So here is a representative shot. They were all very delicious looking.



This is Savannah, who was my tourism partner for the day. She’s been backpacking around Europe for the past several weeks, and is going to be gone until June. We both spent a lot of time staring wistfully at the chocolate displays.



Is Mardi Gras coming up soon? Is that in March? I wonder if they’ll have parades.





As an example of how safe I feel in the ATM vestibule – there’s an alarm to hit if you are being held up.






Brussels has a lot of these tall churchey things.










As well as fountains that reminded me of being in Rome.

1 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mardi Gras is today! Fat Tuesday, last chance to get rowdy before Ash Wednesday kicks off 40 days of Lent tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home