Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Last Night

I hate to go out and buy more food now that I’m leaving in two weeks, but my cupboard is looking pretty grim. I have a lot of pasta, some ramen, and dried soup mixes. Also, a lot of condiments and spices. I upped my trip to Saturday, so I’ll bring some of the pasta there since London’s prices intimidate me. I suppose I could pack some of the leftover teabags in with my clothes so they don’t smell so mothbally.

It’s May Day today, which means that nothing is open, and there is absolutely no transportation. I went down to the Comedie for a little while to watch the volleyballers but it’s a bit chilly outside and I’m a little hung over from the allergy medication I took last night. I thought I was going to die – usually, strawberries don’t constitute one of the fruits or vegetables that irritate my OAS, but apparently my defenses have been on high alert yesterday and after eating an entire bowlful of them, I wanted to rip my tongue and throat out and scrape them with sandpaper, that’s how itchy and uncomfortable I was. My eyes wouldn’t stop watering long enough for me to read the label on the pills so I hope I took the right stuff. Now I’m just feeling slow and sleepy.

(2:46 AM) After taking a five hour nap this afternoon, unsurprisingly it’s been hard to get to sleep. Also, there’s a torrential downpour outside. I was so bored today that I dragged out 2001: A Space Odyssey which I’ve had for almost three weeks but was never so unoccupied as to want to watch it. Opinion: meh, it was all right. I liked the story, but sadly the story only took up about a quarter of the entire two and a half hour movie. A lot of the time was spent on slow, slow establishing shots of the exteriors of the spacecrafts. Or on nothing at all, as seen in the beginning and after intermission. Near the end it started to take on an Andy Warhol experimental film look. I’ll be happy when I can finally get to the mediathèque tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home