Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Ice Cream Delights

Escargot on the fence.










Meow! This cat was crazy bipolar. He came right up to me, purring and rubbing my legs, but when I would try to pet him he’d get all frenzied and try to bite my hand. Screw that cat, I said, and walked away. Nuh-uh! He followed after, mewing and winding around me. Oh, pretty kitty, I can’t resist … Then, bite! What devilish treason! His eyes are marked with duplicity.



Huzzah, more volleyball. I have a ton of super action shots, so I'll post later. I cannot do justice to them here, since every caption would be like, oh yes, they just hit the ball. Oh, what will happen next.





Cocco e fragola opened at last! Their store was pretty small and pricey, but it was worth taking a look just to get me craving dairy again. What flavors have they? Well…






  1. Vanilla
  2. Stracciatella (milk with chocolate chips, says the sign)
  3. Yogurt
  4. Whipped Cream (sounds like something that only I would order_
  5. Dark Chocolate
  6. Turino Chocolate
  7. Pepper Chocolate (no thanks)
  8. White Chocolate and Hazelnuts
  9. Nutella (!!)
  10. Chocolate with Cookies
  11. Nougat
  12. Pistachio
  13. Caramel Cream
  14. Coffee
  15. Mint Chocolate
  16. Tiramisu
  17. Malaga (?)
  18. Sweet Almond
  19. Whipped Cream with Maraschino Cherries (double yum)
  20. Cookies with Bitter Almonds
  21. Speculoos?
  22. Hazelnut
  23. Coconut
  24. Licorice
  25. Rose
  26. Violet
  27. Poppy
  28. Lavender
  29. Bailey’s
  30. Bubblegum
  31. Iced Chestnuts
  32. Nuts
  33. Milk jam
  34. Fig jam
  35. Caramel and pine nuts

Fruity sorbets:

  1. Strawberry
  2. Banana
  3. Lemon
  4. Passionfruit
  5. Mango
  6. Melon
  7. Mandarin
  8. Raspberry
  9. Apple
  10. Blackberry
  11. Gooseberry
  12. Black Current
  13. Blueberry
  14. Fig
  15. Pear
  16. Pink Grapefruit
  17. Grape
  18. Peach
  19. Apricot
  20. Litchi
  21. Pineapple
  22. Kiwi

Wow, what selection. It did look tasty. I still don’t understand how flower-flavored ice cream could taste good. Some day I’ll order it just to have that experience.


Aaaand now it’s 4:17 AM. Wonderful. Ooh, in exactly two weeks I’ll be coming home. I think I’ve been here for something like 250 days so far, and fourteen more will go by quickly. I’ve still been debating on how much sleep I should get the night before. If I stay up all night, I’ll be a zombie but I’ll also sleep on the plane, perhaps. If I get a good night’s sleep, I will be bored senseless all day. Hmm.

I wonder how early they open up the gates to Paul Valéry. Surely not before seven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home