Friday, March 02, 2007

March Madness

I just got some good news in my Shakespeare class - not only did our March 16th class get cancelled, I was supposed to give a presentation that day about Troilus and Cressida so now all I have to do is turn in a paper. Score. I think that he wouldn't have liked the American students' presentations anyway, since he takes great joy in interrupting the presenter and correcting his or her pronunciation.

Speaking of cancelled classes, my history professor told us yesterday that he's being sent to a conference in Morocco in mid April and thus our last class is on March 24th. I can't tell if I'm being screwed out of classes by Paul-Valery or if I should be thanking my lucky stars that a three credit class only had about twenty hours of actual lecture.

Since last week was so happy-go-lucky vacation time, I realized during class that I have a ton of work to catch up on. Surprise surprise, I made a list. And here it is, just as I have written alongside my scanty notes:

To Do This Weekend:

1. Phonetics homework
2. Grammar essay
3. Finish The Quiet American
4. Continue my fantastical literature story
5. Attempt to read Ray Bradbury's The Martian Chronicles
6. Keep reading Troilus and Cressida
7. Finish reading The Seven Ages of Paris
8. Read Chaplin and American Culture
9. Read the fourth story of Julien Grainebis
10. Pack away unnecessary clothing
11. Air out the apartment
12. Go to mediatheque; watch The Dictator
13. Watch Rear Window
14. Organize bathroom shelves + mantle
15. Launder sheets and towels
16. Email about summer internship
17. Email Penn State about housing jobs
18. Respond to Detrick's email; respond to Ariel's email
19. Buy milk at Inno
20. Vacuum the carpets
21. Transfer my audio files to iTunes
22. Continue copying articles from online
23. Clean stove and oven
24. Call Lindsay about going to flea market
25. Look for sightseeing information on local towns
26. Clean the shower
27. Do grammar exercises
28. Go to the Euro Store
29. Soak and clean backpack and purses
30. Buy new sponges
31. Buy new stamps and use up one and two-centime pieces
32. Forward resume and cover letter to T. Shirey's office
33. Take money out of ATM
34. See Ms. Schreiner in office
35. Take out books from office
36. Send medical claim to CISI insurance
37. Mail out postcards.

My life may be boring, but at least it's busy.

It's starting to smell like spring; none of that 'in like a lion, out like a lamb' crap here. I've seen people (well, Americans) wearing t-shirts already. I'm only wearing a long-sleeved shirt and I'm fine.

What is that new Hugh Grant/Drew Barrymore movie? Here, it's called Le Comeback; is it the same in English? The guyI was sitting next to at the tram stop the other day was making fun of Hugh's name, calling him "Huggah Grant".

Sam and I are going up to the brand new cafeteria at 12:30. I'm not really hungry so I guess I'll just watch him eat. Apparently, they have gourmet desserts. I got rave reviews about it from Juan Ignacio, so I'm getting pretty excited.

1 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Alaini!! I think you forgot, go out and have fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home