Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Chores Day

Since it was Wednesday today, that meant I had the day off, which is a super thing. I was going to go to the American library to inventory like a fool, but I decided to put that off in favor of more domestic tasks. I’ve never actually cleaned the apartment, just kind of moved stuff from one location to the next. So I underwent that enormous burden all afternoon. I started with going to the grocery store to get food. ED failed me; they take a two hour lunch break, from 12:30 until 2:30. That’s bizarre and not a good business practice, and I walked over to the trusty Leader Price. I feel like making a list of the food I bought.

(in order on the receipt)

1. Mineral Water (1 liter) 0.48 euros

2. Leader Price Coffee Ice Cream 1.75 euros

3. Brick of Mushrooms 1.99 euros

4. Pack of Rice Milk Chocolate (5 bars) 1.10 euros

5. Frozen Chinese Vegetables 2.95 euros

6. Muesli Cereal 1.99 euros

7. Orange Juice (1 liter) 0.63 euros

8. Orange Soda (1 can) 0.16 euros

9. Sour Cream 0.99 euros

10. Fry Sauce 1.39 euros

11.Long Grain Rice 0.59 euros

12.Baguette 0.49 euros

13.Eggs (24 pack) 2.15 euros

14.Flan Pack (2 Flans) 1.49 euros

15.Packet of Cheese (2) 2.18 euros

16.Mexican Salsa 1.36 euros

17.Dish Soap (1 liter) 0.73 euros

18.Chicken Breast (2 pieces) 1.89 euros

19.Iodized Salt (1 kilogram) 0.21 euros

Grand total: 24.52 euros. I generally go shopping once a week.

I came home, ate some ice cream (deliciously good for 1.75 euros), read my book about Paris (also quite good), then began the cleaning. It was gross. First I started with the kitchen. I’m not even going to list the tasks, although I want to. Needless to say, I feel gross now. I did all of my laundry, which had been slowly piling in various corners around the apartment. It’s now hanging on the ropes that cross the balcony, since we aren’t allowed to use the lines that go over the main square. The landlady chastised us about that before since she said that there are offices in this building and that it’s ‘unprofessional’ if someone looks up and there’s laundry hanging. She should have bought us a dryer, then.

Since I put off the library today, that means that I have to get up early tomorrow and get two hours in before my 1:30 history class. I have a lot of work to catch up on, ugh.

I’m going to go read more of my book and savor more of that ice cream. Mmm.

Also, to gloat, it went up to about seventy degrees today. Yeah, I was sweating. I hate when that happens, don't you? Hah.

1 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How lame is it that I not only just went and converted euros to dollars to see how much you paid for eggs, I then went to TWO different grocery sites to confirm what I already knew: that I pay way too much for eggs. ($2.84 for two dozen eggs! That's incredible!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home