Monday, February 26, 2007

Brussels, Part Twelve

Mom, do you remember when I was little and had that fever that was crazy high and I started hallucinating that I was covered in bees? Maybe this painting was my influence.





I think that the Belgian painters in the 16th century were a lot cooler than the rest of the world.






We unanimously agreed that Adam looks like that painter on TV that does landscapes.






More weird, weird characters. It’s like a crazy Humpty Dumpty.





The theme here was “the last judgment”.





Everything in the museum was very pretty, down to the railings.





Into the Modern Art wing.







The first thing I thought of when I saw this painting was “ooh, cat”. However, not a single other person saw it. Am I crazy? How do you not see a cat?



They even had a Seurat here. I remember doing pointillism in art class in elementary school and thinking that it was one of the only worthwhile classes that we ever had.


This was a sexy man. I want to borrow his velour coat.







A random Dali.





As well as a very small and boring Picasso.





These were possibly the best gift shop items ever – wine bottle with a clear section in front so you could see the work of art printed on the inside. They probably cost a hundred dollars each.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home