Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Brussels: Part Seven

Note: the Brussels Metro has the most squishy, comfortable, ergonomically-friendly seats that one is ever likely to find. They feel so good that none of them have been defaced by Sharpie or slashed.





The United Nations Administrative Headquarters (or UNAH! as I say when I’m in a kicky mood) is about as boring and routine as you would imagine.



Here’s some old church. Doesn’t it kind of remind you of those murals where they have entire buildings just painted on the sides of the walls? It looked incredibly two-dimensional.



This church was famous since they helpfully added urinals to the side of the building. Two seconds after I took this picture, a scruffy man stepped past me and proceeded to make good use of it. I discreetly did not watch or take a picture, although my fingers were itching.

Yes, they were eleven euros, but who wouldn’t want sugar cubes with teddy bear decals?




I’m glad to see that my hostel is historically significant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home