Monday, March 19, 2007

Grabels

I just happened to be passing by the Virgin Megastore on my home the other day when I noticed a commotion from within. Being curious, I found that some famous French rapper was signing autographs. Joy! I didn't want an autograph but I did manage to get a picture and this video. I don't have any idea what he's saying either.

I think McDonalds is wishfully thinking here. The entire accumulation of snow that has ever fallen on Montpellier would never be enough to make two snowmen.





Finally, my deepest wishes came true on Saturday and Sam accompanied me to Grabels because lord knows I couldn't find it myself.






I liked this butcher's sign because of how animated it was. And, it also made sense. See, there were the chickens up top because they sell poultry, then the pigs playing instruments because they sell pork ... and then it takes on a dark, scary twist with the addition of two cats and a dog near the bottom. I didn't buy meat there.



Heeee. This is a sign for a company that does repairs. How about you repair that there sign, buddy.








We could have visited the Fresh Prince, but sadly we ran out of time.





Oh! Who takes great pictures? Um, that would be me. Notice the bicyclist that I just happen to catch going past at the exact right moment. Yes, yes.




The flowers everywhere have been blooming lately.







Oh, crap. I was all set to go swimming and then they ruined my good time. Sam told a tall tale in saying that it was a river. It was a gentle stream, at best.




This was my favorite spot - there was a tiny waterfall next to this old chateau that I now want to buy and inhabit.





Ooh, picturesque.










Hey fisherman - World War I called. They want their uniform back.






This was my favorite stepping stone bridge. We even got to see a cute dog bounding across.

1 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog pictures!! Can't wait to come over!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home