Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Check-in

Today's surprise was that everything went as planned, from going to Wal-Mart to buy sheets ($2.98 fitted, 200 thread count, feels like cheap) to checking in and getting my key to physically moving all of my things into the room. Although I'm way far at the bottom end of campus, I prefer it to East since I'm right on College Avenue. I met the other CA on the floor and she said that we're going to have to move up to one of the East dorms for a night or two this weekend because the East Coast Volleyball Tour is coming to town for a few days and it's the biggest conference event of the year. I'm sure glad I didn't miss out on that one.

It's hot! I was Sweaty McPitstains trying to drag all of my stuff around the room and get it organized before I had the bright idea to assemble my fan and bask in the coolness. On a whiny note, I'm also hungry since I thought lunch ran until 2:30 but really they're only open until 2:00 so I missed out. I'll be ravenous by the end of the meeting at 5:15.

I feel like I'm not going to be doing a lot of work for how much I'm getting in return. It seems like I have to be in the dorm (not really doing anything, just around, sleeping, whatever) two nights a week from 8 PM on, and then I can sign up for extra shifts in the housing department during the week if I want. I suppose I'll learn more tonight, but I'll certainly have time for a second job, it seems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home